SPECIALIST HANDLING AMC
FLEXIBLE SCREW CONVEYORS
Versatility of installation and the ability to deal with the widest range of material particle sizes, bulk densities and flow properties puts Spiroflow systems and equipment at the leading edge of flexible screw conveyor technology. Flexible Screw Conveyors are often the lowest cost means of transferring dry bulk solids from one point to another.
DUST-FREE IN OPERATION
The Spiroflow flexible screw conveyor is totally sealed during operation - and because air isn't used as a conveying medium, there's no risk of dust contamination or humidity from the atmosphere, a critical factor when used in food and pharmaceutical applications. In addition, the presence of dust can cause not only airborne contamination of other products, but can also pose a threat to the working environment.
GENTLE HANDLING OF PRODUCT
The rotating flexible screw conveyor spiral, being centralised within the conveying tube, gently moves the material without degrading it. Its unique action also eliminates the risk of mixed product separation.
Some basic facts about Spiroflow flexible screw conveyors:
- Electric motor: 3 phase, 50/60hz, voltage as specified. Special motors are also available to your specification. Fixed or variable speed.
- Motor adaptor and spiral connector in mild steel or stainless steel.
- 45 degree or horizontal outlet assembly in mild steel/painted, or stainless steel.
- Dust-tight tube fitting.
- High and low level control.
- Abrasion resistant polymer outer tube.
- Flexible screw conveyor spiral in spring steel or stainless steel.
- Inlet assembly in mild steel/painted, or stainless steel.
- Feed restrictor to regulate material flow.
- Feed hopper in standard size or to customer's specifications.
The aero mechanical conveyor is one of the most efficient methods of conveying materials in terms of its dust-free and clean handling properties. This type of conveyor is designed and custom-built for the product to be conveyed and is ideally suited to meet a variety of applications in many industries.
A significant feature of aero mechanical conveyors is their ability to convey materials at any angle between 0° and 90° without loss of capacity, which means their range of configurations is limitless.This enables the widest choice of system layout options, using standard components, to optimise available factory space.
The AMC is of tubular design in which a wire rope assembly with evenly spaced polyurethane discs move at high speed. The rope assembly runs in specially designed sprockets at each end of the conveyor. The action of the rope assembly travelling at high speed creates an air stream running at the same velocity. As the material is fed into the airstream, it is fluidised and conveyed to the outlet where it is centrifugally ejected.
- Total batch transfer.
- Operates at any angle without loss of capacity.
- Dust-free sealed systems for ultrafine powders.
- Almost all materials can be conveyed - ideal for food products and chemicals in powdered or granular form.
- Low power consumption.
- Material finishes - epoxy painted or stainless steel.
- Removable housing cover with optional interlock for easy cleaning.
- Maximum length is typically 15 metres for material bulk density 0.6kg/litre and may be increased or decreased inversely with bulk density
- Vertical installations are generally limited to 6 metros.
SYSTEM LAYOUT OPTIONS
A selection of Spiroflow's basic aero mechanical conveyor configurations are shown here. Many other layouts can be designed to suit customers' particular requirements.